Sunday, April 22, 2007

Beach Boy Strikes Again, 2

Bubba and I used to talk a lot, we share the same wavelengths. Our talks usually meander from serious, earth-shaking, peace-shattering topics, to more personal stuff, to trivial fluff. He never gets tired. If Oprah’s the queen of talk, Bubba’s the Energizer bunny of blab. (And flab? Kidding!)

Bubba (and this not-so-humble author) was a dreamer. He used to harbor the notion that ‘life is too short and the world is too small to be taken seriously.’ But when he was washed ashore in the island called ‘reality’ did he start to appreciate the value of ‘responsibility’. He learned to grasp the essence of swimming against the current (in the Doom’s perspective).

He may be arrogant at times but no one can accuse him of being misanthropic. He loves people. He is open to the idea of making friends more than he’s open to fights. In spite of his fiery words and intimidating façade, he wants people to feel good around him and makes an environment of at-home-ness. Wait, did I mention that his an antithesis of his own? I mean just that.

People may find it hard to place a finger on where to classify Bubba. He’s outgoing, sometimes solitary; gentle yet harsh; a guardian angel at the same time a prodding devil. That’s Bubba, extreme and unpredictable. And I daresay that’s the beauty of him. You’re on your way to becoming saint Ba. Not!

Author’s note: I miss you Ba. Let’s storm the Dooms together okay. Let’s relive the Memento-Hayahay days with the original Memento 5: you, me, Kim, Trina and Margo. Let’s go back to the Insular Hotel with Mommy Lech and fill the room with the putridity of bagoong and yosi smoke. Let’s trip on the pathetic Doomsvillagers with George, John (when he comes back from Singa), Julia and Monett. I don’t know when that’ll happen, 5 years or so? But I know it will happen. Miss you guys so darn much.

Okay, this is pretty sugary. I’m freaking myself out. I think I’m having diabetes or something.

À bientôt.

1 comment: