Saturday, October 28, 2006

Death on an Afternoon: Part 3

There weren't that much people inside, for a Saturday afternoon. Perhaps the people were scared off by Florita, who according to the news, claimed at least eight lives and caused a landslide in Baguio. Bad Florita, bad. On the other hand, okay lang, at least the odds of me getting smashed into by clumsy insects were slim.

As I have mentioned, not that much mallrats that day. But most of the people I crossed paths with were … how should I put this? … Full of character? Interesting? Out of the ordinary? Worthy of note?

First, I passed by a mother-daughter tandem. They wore identical shirts, they both had pigtails, and both were rather bursting with corpulence. They were the perfect definition of cute-ness!

Mommy was carrying tons and tons of shopping bags, while her equally fleshy daughter was screaming “Mommeee! Ais Kriiim! Mommeee!!” to which Mommy retorted, “Anong ice cream!? Eh kakakain mo lang! Tumigil ka! Sipain kita diyan eh!” The round girl fell silent. For some reason, I remembered the corny joke, Bakit nahihiya ang mga biik? (Ans: Eh kasi yung nanay nila, baboy.)

(to be concluded…)

No comments: