Saturday, September 23, 2006

Le Meilleur Frère: An Ode to Him

God’s gift to us, you are truly a blessing.
Tremendously ecstatic, when in our lives you came;
Even though we’re always fighting and brawling,
Nevertheless we love you just the same.

You are the ultimate referee and conciliator.
Holding us down, you sound like our mother,
When me and Ate are at each other’s necks.
Oh Boy! You deserve a dozen respects!

You have proven yourself to all of us,
To Pappy, Mama, to me and to big sister,
You’ve grown into a fine man, mature & virtuous.
One thing though buddy, do better this semester.

As we seat here at Seattle’s Best, chilling,
I wish to tell you this one thing:
I love you to pieces baby brother…
Though your feet stink like no other!

How’s your trip?
How’s Dipolog Song?
What’s new? What’s the latest?
And where’s my pasalubong!?

Something to eat?
No, just an Espresso,
Oh make it a double,
Alright, and something to gobble

Whoa! A French Grammar guide!
Thank you but is this from Dipolog?
Oh hold on! Wait a second!
Just a question, you have to respond.

About the French book you gave me,
Was that a bribe to persuade me?
Carry your luggage!? Are you kidding me!?
Wait here while I fetch you a taxi!

It’s 3:30 in the afternoon, my brother just arrived from Dipolog. We went to Seattle’s Best, and while he’s taking a call at the other end of the table, I marched towards the counter and asked for a piece of paper. “Sir, the tissue’s over there,” he replied with that practiced smile and pointed to sugar-n-whatever counter. “PAPER not TISSUE!” I snarled.

Thus producing, yet again, another trash-of-a-poetry!


* * *

Somnolent, at the moment. Had a very long day. I just want to get this over and done with. I’m sleepy and I want to rest. By the way the events taken in the above paragraphs or poetry or whatever you call that, transpired two or three days ago (I can’t exactly remember.) I just forgot to post the draft. Later guys!

No comments: