Friday, January 26, 2007

The Address of Greatness, 2

"Ma?" I said with a begging tone. "I can't live here! It's impossible for me to live here! Do you want me dead!?"

"Ah stop it! You survived MSU unscathed, you'll survive here."
"But ... but ..."

"Here or home? You choose!"
"Let's find another dorm. I don't wanna stay here. It's ... it's ... old!"

"The dorms are already full. Had you not been a lazy bum, we could've booked you at New Men's It's your problem! Deal with it!"

"Put me in an apartment then. Or ... or put me in a boarding house, however tiny the room or however basic the bed, I can live with that. But not here ma, please!"

"You know very well that apartments and boarding houses are out of the question. Now quit it!"

I know what she meant. I don't deserve to have my own place; I screwed up my first two college years and now I'm paying the high price of my dumbassery.

"Alright," I said, defeated. I've been a debater since, but I cannot seem to win an argument with my mom. So the saying is true, "Mothers know (argue) best." That same morning we went to the Department of Housing. Mama signed me in, while I hang on for dear life.

"So is this goodbye Mama? Permanently?"
"You're being impertinente! Are you gonna stop this nonsense or what!?"
The voice inside my head was screaming "Or what! Or what!"

"Okay, but can I have Gary Valenciano to sing in my funeral?"
Mama glared at me, I knew I had to stop. Lest she kills me before the dorm does!

(to be concluded…)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

testing..