Sunday, January 28, 2007

Horses Need Haircuts Too, 1

The winning horse doesn’t know why it runs a race. It runs because of the whip and pain. Life is a race; if you are in pain, then clearly God wants you to win. Keep running even in pain. Never give up, we’re about to finish the race. Good morning, winner!

I woke up with a jolt. Still remaining horizontal, I surveyed the room with still bloodshot eyes. For a moment there, I didn't know whose bed I was on, then I realized, "Okay, it's mine. Been one hell of a party last night."

As if they have a life of their own, my hands began to crawl.
The left tentacle crawled aimlessly across my body like a demented snake on crack. Itstopped where my left thigh was, feeling a small mound. I pressed the knoll unconsciously hard and let out a yelp. It stung! “Where the hell did I get that!?”

It wasn’t there the night before. Guess I drunk a bit too much that I totally forgot.
The right hand, on the other … uhm … hand (So that makes three hands then! I must’ve mutated overnight!), managed its way to my bedside table and found my cellphone. I tried to lift it but it crashed to the floor. Holy dung beetle!

I quickly got up to retrieve the piece-of-garbage from the floor. But Holier Dung Beetle (!), hangover!


I checked the time, 10:53am. There were 3 missed calls and 14 text messages waiting to be read. I read the first message. It was a forwarded message from a friend who’s so hooked into this unlimited texting thing.

She’s not satisfied sending just one message so she sends 10 messages of the same content. I deleted the succeeding 9 messages without opening it for I’m dead sure it has the same content as the first.

(to be concluded…)

No comments: