Sunday, November 12, 2006

So, You're .. uh .. Filipino? (P.1)

“Hey! Wait up!”
“Huh?”

“So… You’re new here?”
“Uh…”

“Freshman. You’re freshman?”
“Yeah…”

“Me too. So… What are you taking up?”
“Psychology.”

“Me too! So… How do you like the Philippines?”
“Excuse me?”

“Hasn’t been around yet, huh? Where are you from?”
“Wha—?”

“Heard you’re Burmese. Our classmates ... they talked about you. Here in the Philippines, we talk a lot ... especially about other people. But its okay ... I mean you know you’ll get used to it. Besides, we have a lot of foreign students here, they can help you adapt. Know what, for a Burmese guy, you speak good English.”
“I’m not Burmese.”

“Oh I’m sorry. Indonesian?”
“No! I’m…”

“Malaysian?”
“Filipino!”

"You're Filipino!? (pronounced as "Fu-La-Pee-Now")
"Uhh ... yeah?"

“Really? Cool!”
“Uhm..”

*awkward silence*

*crickets chirping in the background*

"So..."
"Uh-uh?"

“Which side?"
"Which ... side ... of what?"

"Mother’s or Father’s side? Or both?”
“Bisaya! (stress on the last syllable) Budlat! Itom!

(to be concluded...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha..Lol, I thought she is from other country. I didn't get it at 1st, but cool ha.. :p

lyle said...

hahaha! ako yan actually, palagi akong napagkakalamang thai or indonesian or whatever. the story's not yet done though, hehe. my friends from dumaguete can relate to this. hehehe.