Friday, November 17, 2006

Fading Away




No matter how hard I shake it,

But I just could not ignore it.
Shadows of the dismal past,
Catching up with me, at last.

In my own secluded sanctuary,
I have to escape, I ought to flee.
To isolate myself, I went into hiding.
It’s futile, after all, for they’re re-emerging.

Memories that have been confined,
Locked away in the recesses of my mind.
Little by little, they are now resurfacing.
In my consciousness, they’re permeating.

Running off, constantly running away.
My life has always been this way.
This is me, unhappy in perpetuity.
Tell me, should I let it be?

Took flight, I tried to break away;
Made up my mind, I just can’t stay.
Though friends tell me “Just hang in there buddy!”
I’m sorry guys, but for once, I want to be happy.

And now it’s all coming back to me,
Reliving the days that afforded me misery,
But I’m hoping and praying that I will be okay.
Eventually, these memories will fade away.


No comments: