Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Tears of Summer




In my self-excavated pit, I seek refuge,

Consoling myself, this is for everyone’s good.

But even with solitude, still I feel agony;

Is there no other way of breaking free?


Tuck away with only my self as company,

Here, I thought, they would never reach me.

With memories, I fill my days of emptiness

Clinging unto them, tightly, my only solace.


I recall the memories of how it used to be;

Of people and me, and how we used to be happy;

How I looked forward to every waking day;

And how they abandoned me; the price I have to pay.


The sun shines brightly; the sea is so calm,

The waves slapping them, yet the shore keeps mum.

To the wind’s music, the palm trees are swaying.

A beautiful day, but why is my soul wailing?


Hovering high above me, the birds they fly

And tiny sand insects as they scuttle by

They seem peaceful, oblivious to what I’m feeling

But can they empathize? Can they feel my hurting?


I watch them; alone in my nook, I sit.
If I scream, will they be able to hear a bit?
I try to talk to them, I may be insane,
For the world never slows down to feel your pain.

Sitting cross-legged against the sand so white,
Wondering how long I could keep up the fight
I close my eyes, as the wind blows in my ear
Seemingly telling me, “Be strong, I’m here.”

They seem so merry. Ah! How dare them mock me!

While everything’s pretty, I’m gripped with melancholy.

Aggravating the pain; tears threaten to spill,

But I let them stream for I am alone, still.

Looking out into the distant horizon,
Peeking into the hole of my tiny dungeon.
Contemplating about the world I see.

Will there be any life ahead of me?


Wheeling off, slowly I am drifting away.
Like a ship, caught in a storm, gone astray.
In this oh so vast ocean of uncertainty;
Helplessly floating; drifting aimlessly.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful, lyle. but the image of the Goddess Diana / Artemis in the picture is what i like the most. ;p