Thursday, November 23, 2006

Discrimination: A Fairy Tale (P.1)

Are you familiar with the story about the three little pigs and the big bad wolf? Do you know why they were eaten by the big bad wolf? No, not because they built pathetic houses out of hay or something. They were eaten, because? Anyone?

Because instead of heading for home and preparing for the wolf’s arrival, they side-tripped to Starbucks, sat there for hours and got busy blowing their own horns off. Read on. (Real encounter with the real pigs.
)

“When we went to like New Zealand last summer dude, I tried bungee-jumping!” one pig boasted. “I freaked out paah-re! Like, my whole life flashed before me! I thought I was gonna die dude, graa-beh!”


“Ugh! That’s nothing!” another pig dismissed, waving a paw. “You know naman that I you know, drive so bilis di ba? I used to be a drag racer kase paah-re. I even got into an aksidente once. Really! And I was hospitalized for one linggo!”

He then showed them a puny scar on this temple, sending the first pig flinching. “Marami pa yan, pare dude!
"

“Wha-? It doesn’t even spell death!” the third pig remarked. “Me? I went to Mindanao last month paah-re! Mindanao, Imagine!?”


I laughed so hard, coffee almost shot right out of my left nostril.


(to be concluded...)

No comments: