Friday, December 08, 2006

Be A Grinch, Avoid Christmas, 3

I retired myself to a nearby coffee shop, grabbed a Venti and made my exit. But as I was heading towards the taxi bay, I noticed this thin old lady selling miniature ‘desktop’ Christmas trees. The ones that are just about 8 inches tall with a round piece of wood as its base. Yeah, that.

I bought three trees of varying sizes, and placed it on top of my bedside table beside the ashtray. After about 30 minutes of arranging and rearranging and rearranging and rearranging (read: OC) the miniature trees, I phoned my mom.

I said I was sorry for not remembering. “Remembering, what?” she asked. I made references to the star since I couldn’t say it directly. “You know, my annual assignment. Christmas. You know, tree. Stuff.”


“Oh the star?"

"Uh... yeah. So... who planted it?"


“Ah, that would have to wait until you come home.”


Man…


I told my mom I miss her, and we hung up.

Merry Christmas everyone.


(referring to the photo: Oh man! Those friggin' wires! Oh well, Pilipinas.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i salute her too.