Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Siete Marias (Ken, Yeng, Glo)

American Ambassador Kenney

Just when I thought the much-celebrated Subic Rape Case finally over, another issue sprang up. This time, it’s about the custody of Lance Smith. The Philippine government and the American Embassy are now in a tug-of-war as to where the US Officer should be detained: the US Embassy or Smith temporary residence, the Makati City Jail
.

The American camp anchored their claim on a particular Visiting Forces Agreement (VFA) provision, saying that Smith should be in their custody because the court decision’s not yet final. I’m sorry for my inadequate knowledge, I cannot give further details about the issue for as I’ve said I haven’t been following the case closely.

Enter the American Ambassador. She went the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) to appeal. So she was met by the press and was interviewed.

She emphasized on how the US troops extended its assistance to the Bagyo Reming people, and how “our forefathers fought alongside each other to liberate THIS country” and blah blah. Her point was perhaps “We’ve been helping you out for the past bazillion years, so we need you to give us back the favor. You ingrates!” Yes, it was more like a ‘sumbat.'

I don’t know. I like Francis Ricciardonne more than her.


Yeng Constantino (of PDA fame)

I could not believe she just turned 18. Like she’s very very talented for her age. She sings, write songs, everything. The hit “Hawak Kamay” was sung AND composed by her. Wala lang. Ang babaw ko talaga. He-he.


Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo (La Presidenta)

Mole, be gone!
‘Nuf said.

(Photo From: Wikipedia)



No comments: