Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The World is My Pigsty (Part 1)

I want to share with you this trash-of-a-poetry that I wrote (in 10 minutes flat!), driven by the inspiration I got from this group of young urbanite professionals, armed with laptops, and killer shoes, and all.

Okay, so there I was, sitting on my favorite chair at Seattle’s Best, sipping my coffee, puffing my smoke, reading my beloved Zafra book, when this adorable flock of cultivated metropolitan creatures came barging in, with voices so soft, windows were breaking.


I lay my book down to find out what the hullabaloo was all about. But before the book came into contact with the table, my eardrums were whacked with Oh-My-Gawds, Totallys, E’-was-soo-kewls, As-ifs, Like like likes, etcetera, etc. They were so cute, I want to smash their heads.


“Shut uuuup! You People are Pathetic! I Don’t Give a Rat’s Ass! I Don’t F**KIN Care!” I screamed. In my mind. Being the civilized person that I was, I slowly picked up my book and hoped the earth would open up and swallow them. I resumed my reading. Tried.


But thanks to the angels from the kingdom underneath, I forgot the page number where I left off.


But the best is yet to transpire. While I was desperately leafing through pages to locate where I stopped, I sensed the melodious voices become louder and louder. It seems they’re getting … nearer? And much to my delight, they occupied the umbrella beside mine. Oh joy!

Grabbed my pen, some tissue and began writing. After 10 minutes and a nano-second, I finished this labor of love especially dedicated to the pigs of society. Thank you guys, you made my day! *kiss, kiss*

(to be concluded...)

No comments: