Sunday, December 10, 2006

Siete Marias (Dustin & Kandice)

Dustin and Kandice (Amazing Race team)

(Everyone, please put down those rocks. Don't stone me to death because I'm so babaw. Please bare with my ka-babawan. I'm grieving.)

There’s no point watching Amazing Race, now that my favorite team (the beauty queens) had been given the elbow. They’re out of the competition. My heart still bleeds for Dustin and
Kandice.

Every time the camera showed them, my world would then be on a standstill. Not because of their good looks (I don’t find them that striking), but because they’re fun to watch. They’re not your stereotypical prima donna of beauty queens. They’ve got brains, they’ve got brawns, they’re not afraid to get down and dirty, and they’re what you call ‘team.'

When the other teams shouted at each other and constantly argued, the two blondes never quarreled. They helped each other out and they know how to remain calm. I think that’s their strength; giggling their way to the top. No one wanted to forge an alliance with them. No one wanted them, everyone hated the “f*ckin’ blondes.” In fact, the teams even connived to kick them out of the competition. They didn’t succeed, however, until there were four teams left (the male models, the dating pair, the single moms, and the beauty queens).

My brother asked me who I am rooting for, now that the girls are out. Honestly I don’t know. I’ve always disliked Rob and Kimberly, they’re always shouting at each other, especially this Rob guy who can’t seem to handle frustrations and setbacks. I don’t like the male models either. Much more than the Alabama team. They don’t know what I means to work as a team, to work together. Urgh!

Now that the beauty queen are no longer in the running, my fanaticism with Amazing Race ends. The girls have proven that, after all, it’s possible to maintain your “poise under pressure.” I guess I’ll just have to emulate them, shrug my shoulders and say “we can’t all be first."

"It's not in our blood to give up until it's done. If there was a stereotype of us just playing with our tiaras all day, I'm hoping it's broken now." Kandice (Amazing Race 10)

(Photo from: About Reality TV Website)

(to be concluded…)


No comments: