Tuesday, February 20, 2007

You... Me... Once More

Sitting so close, I can almost taste her presence. I can feel the gentle gust of air from her mouth fondle the tiny hairs on my face.

Shattering the stillness, she uttered my name. “Lyle?” she said smoothly, like a whetted knife through a lump of butter. Smooth and easy.

Her throaty voice smothers my awareness with images of her ripened thin lips and cherry tongue, forming words in her mysterious moist darkness.

I asked her to sing. Syrupy notes and silky words spewed from her. With her rich, sensuous voice, it trickled on me like hot molasses. More than the sound, her resonance crawled down my body like finger nails gliding on the skin.

Despite the amber glow from the sculpted curve of the small of her back, the shimmer of her glossy pelvis, and the crescent of brightness the bay of her navel encapsulates, it’s all her that I see and hear.

And now that we’ve drifted apart, she’s now but a beautiful memory, a sweet dream, a lovely song of my soul. I close my eyes, listen, and see the luster of her legs, the light on her chest, the ember of her cheeks.

You, me. Once More.

No comments: